Wednesday, May 29, 2013

100 Best Restaurants in Dallas......


So yesterday Nancy Nichols of D Magazine released her list of 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas. As a foodie you sort of look for these sort of things to happen.  Especially when the last time D Magazine published a list like this was in August 2009. This was when D use three food writers, Betty Cook, Brown Malouf and Lawson Taitte. Nancy who is known not to bite her tongue (hehehe literally) chose the title The Best Dallas Restaurants in Dallas by cutting out Tarrant County and only choosing from restaurants who originated from Dallas. (Sorry Perry's you won't be on this list) A few I agreed with her they are personally my favorite, A few not so much (p.s not being a hater Nancy, I promise) I am a huge fan of Al Biernat's, because not only is the food fab, Al is FAB!! He is personally at his door greeting his guests, treating us like the Kings & Queens we are. Now I don't think Sissy's Southern Kitchen should be on there. Yes the chicken is good but not great and why do you want me to pay $25 for a bucket of chicken. Did they lay a golden egg and you are giving me one when I leave? I am a huge huge fan of Victor Tango's yeah it sucks they don't take reservations unless yo have  large party. But it is so worth wait.....hmmmm Ahi Tuna Nachos, and Mac & Cheese.  The Porch ummmm lets see.....OVERRATED add some freaking seasoning to your food guys please! I get more salt on my food at my grandmother's nursing home. DISH is great even if Tim McEneny gets on everyone's nerves you have to give KUDOs to Garreth Dickey, his food is always on point. These are just a few that jumped out to me from Nancy's list....make sure you take a peek at http://www3.dmagazine.com/content/100-best-restaurants-in-dallas/ and let me know what you think. Carry on my fellow foodies! xo~Bree theimanproject@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I just ran across this post. Thank you so much for writing it~!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete